Aims of the Worstead Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers:
1. To provide a happy and friendly atmosphere in which to learn, develop and practice the skills of weaving, spinning and dyeing for which the parish of Worstead is famous;
2. To expand public awareness of the history and practice of these crafts by demonstrations at the Worstead Festival and other events;
3. To support learning in the community by encouraging members of the public to take up the crafts of weaving, spinning and dyeing and/or a study of their heritage, and to assist them in this process;
4. To encourage young people to learn and practice these crafts both by their participation at appropriate Guild events and also by partnership working with educational establishments.
The Guild also has a very good specialist library and is well equipped with floor looms, table looms, rigid heddle, inkle and peg looms. Many other items of equipment are available for both spinning and weaving. Spinning wheels are usually available but many members prefer to bring their own.
Membership of the Guild is open to all who subscribe to the Guild’s aims whether they are beginners or experts.
Membership fee includes affiliation to the Association of Guilds of Weavers, Spinners & Dyers. Initial enquiries regarding membership please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair: Margaret Brooker
- Treasurer: Sandra Martins
- Secretary: Sharon Fisher
- Library: Ellie Beattie
- Committee Member: Maureen Fenn
- Committee Member: Margaret Gilham
- Committee Member: Geri Shreeve
- Committee Member: Tracey Warren